Wednesdays from 4:30 – 5:30 PM, beginning February 21, 2018
Indigo Wholistic Healing Center
45 Main Street, Studio B
Find the ease you thought you’d forgotten!
When we were young, movement felt easy and fun. We had naturally upright balance and poise, and didn’t have to worry about posture. Aging, and the demands of adult life bring real physical changes, but can also bring limiting ideas and habits of movement that affect how we feel.
The good news is that we can regain some of the freedom in movement that we once enjoyed!
In this hour-long Alexander Technique group class, we’ll explore:
- How our thinking affects our movement
- How the Alexander Technique can help you improve balance, posture and breathing
- How to be more comfortable in everyday activities, such as sitting and walking
- How the Alexander Technique can help you approach your piano playing, dancing, running, driving, singing, or any other skilled activity with better coordination and enjoyment
- How to take “constructive rest” breaks to calm the nervous system and feel refreshed
This class is open to all levels. You can attend for a series or drop in. I’ll be available for 15 minutes after each class to answer questions about the Alexander Technique.
For current research on the Alexander Technique:
Series of 4 classes paid ahead: $50
Single class: $15
Booking ahead is recommended
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for payment options
March 23 – 25, 2018
I will be presenting a workshop at the Freedom to Make Music conference in New York City, along with lots of other great teachers! Information and registration can be found in the link below!
Saturday, February 17, 2018
2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Northampton Community Music Center*
139 South Street
In this workshop for string players, you will:
- Find more enjoyment and ease in playing
- Learn new strategies to solve playing problems
- Make your warm-up time more enjoyable and more helpful
- Learn ways to help your students play with less tension and avoid injury
You are your first instrument! Your mindset, and the way you approach your instrument each day can affect your practice, rehearsals and performance. Together, we’ll work with the principles of the Alexander Technique as they apply to playing stringed instruments, try out specific ideas for warm-ups (with and without the instrument), and even learn how to take more effective breaks. There will also be some time to explore individual questions and interests.
This workshop will benefit anyone who wishes for more ease, comfort and enjoyment in their playing, whether or not you’ve had any prior experience with the Alexander Technique.
*These workshops are not affiliated with NCMC. To register, contact Pam Bartlett directly.
My Teaching Studio
I teach on weekdays and offer daytime and early evening hours. A 45 minute lesson costs $60. A series of 5 lessons may be purchased in advance for $270, or a series of 10 lessons for $510.
To inquire about lessons, please click to email me or call 413-221-7653.
Photographs of F.M. Alexander © 2017 The Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique, London.
Subscribe to Pam's email list and download a free pdf:
"Nine things that will help you feel better right now!"
Plus, you'll receive news and updates about future workshops and events.